Pet care, danger for children
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
You fly with your family to a distant destination: sun, warm sand, turquoise sea ... venomous fish and others to the key! Holidays in the tropics are not without dangers. The French Society of Pediatrics, the SFP reminds the precautions to be respected.
If you go looking for trouble you'll find it !
- Tropical destinations conceal certain marine animals that could be responsible for envenomation.
- The jellyfish: its venom triggers a similar pain to an electric shock, swelling of the skin, possibly fever, nausea, asthenia.
- The sea snail: en cone shape, the sting ofthis marine gastropod causes local redness, burn-like pain, tingling, or severe form of vomiting, and generalized pruritus. In some cases, the lack of prompt care can be fatal.
- Poisonous fish: Envenomation can occur on the edge of the beach while walking on a camouflaged animal or trying to touch it in the water. The pain is acute. It radiates the entire limb and is accompanied by fever, nausea, asthenia. The sting of stone fish can be extremely serious.
What to do in case of sting?
- Prevent relief.
- Rinse the wound with seawater, but not fresh water that would release the venom.
- Do not rub the wound in case of jellyfish sting.
- In case of envenomation by poisonous fish or sea snails, remove the venomous device debris.
- Proscribe the tourniquet or sucking.
- Disinfect to prevent superinfection.
- Apply ice or anesthetic gel, waiting for help to arrive. This slows the spread of venom.
One word of order: prevention!
- Never swim in the presence of a "Jellyfish Alert" sign.
- Do not pet or catch fish.
- Wear adapted shoes bathing.
- Never pick up stranded animals.
Share your experience and questions on our Health Forum.
5 tips for parents with responsive children
There are more peaceful and obedient children. Others have a stronger personality and tend to refute everything. It can occur from 4-5 years of age or when adolescence arrives. Something that does not have to be a problem as long as they do not use hurtful words like 'You're bad', 'Do it yourself', 'I don't care' ...
If your child starts to answer inappropriately or by default first of all, don't despair. We give you five tips to overcome this stage, in case you are one of those parents who is suffering this period.
1. Control your emotions and do not get on their level
It is easy to say but difficult to do, so you have to remember that 'You are in control of the situation, you are the adult'. If you ask for respect, you must be the first. So stop challenging him and avoid phrases like 'What did you say?', 'Come on, repeat it'. All this will cause the situation to escalate and you will not get your child to stop saying it.
2. Use empathy and stop thinking that it is challenging you
Thinking that your child is bad is only going to get you to approach the situation in the wrong way and on top of that, you will get more angry. So to break that cycle of bad answers, try not to give it too much importance and stop thinking that it is a personal attack. Instead, understand that it is a frustration for him, like many of those you have or were at his age and let him know. You can say for example: 'I understand that you do not like your brother playing with you but that is not the way to say it.
3. Talk to your child only when they are calmer
It conveys the importance of talking about what one feels or thinks, but at the same time explains that he must channel that anger in a certain way so as not to hurt others. Of course, you should come up with solutions together. Use phrases like this: 'How can you do it next time?'
4. Speak clearly and without complications
There are many parents who give too many explanations and some try to use double meanings or ironies to explain it, and in communicating with a child it is totally useless. On the one hand, because he may not understand what we are saying and on the other, he will think that you are laughing at him or her and will be an obstacle to communication.
5. Mark your limits
In the same way that it is important for him / her to express, it is that you do it. You can explain it this way: 'When you talk to me like that, I get angry and I don't like how you are answering me, so I would like you to tell me if you want something without calling me bad.'
The bunnies who did not know how to respect. For disrespectful children. The bunnies who did not know how to respect is a fantastic story to discuss the value of respect. Share with the children this story with reading comprehension questions so that your children understand what the value of respect means. A short story for children of all ages.
Carola's nightmare. To improve children's behavior. Carola's nightmare is a children's story that we can read to our children to improve their behavior. A story that helps children reflect on their bad behavior and improve their attitude. Stories with values to change the behavior of children.
The boy and the nails. To correct the temper of children. The boy and the nails is a children's story that talks about the consequences of the temper and temperament of children. An experience for children to reflect on their bad reactions. You can use this story to help your child understand what happens when he is unable to channel his anger.
Daniel and the magic words. To talk about kindness. Daniel and the magic words is a children's story that will make your child reflect on the importance of words and kindness. Values are the rules of conduct and attitudes according to which we behave and that are in accordance with what we consider correct. This story encourages kindness in children.
Chiquitín and the disobedient elephants. For rebellious children. If your child usually disobeys and is also not afraid of anything, it is time to read Chiquitín y los elephantes disobedientes, a story for rebellious children that will make them reflect and realize what can happen when they ignore their parents. A nice story to encourage children to read.
The chimbel. Funny story about respecting others. This poem for children talks about respecting others and their wishes. It is titled 'El chimbel' and proposes the story of a snake and a snake. We have accompanied this nursery rhyme with some educational activities and reading comprehension exercises.
The rope mouse among mice. Stories about respect. Have you ever wondered if your own wishes are the same as those of others. You may do something that you think someone else will like because you like it, but they don't. This is the story of a little mouse that had a dream. Story about respect for others.
You can read more articles similar to 5 tips for parents with responsive children, in the category of Conduct on site.
Skiing With Children - Ski Lesson
Cape Town on marine first names
The newborn is fragile, but does not break
Did you know that children spend more than 2,000 illnesses in the first five years of their life? Surely the figure does not surprise you. The new parents we spent a good part of those five years in the pediatrician's office, in principle, because everything scares us and, in most cases, due to ignorance. Only 5 percent of all of them give symptoms, therefore, it is very important that children are not in a bubble and are creating their defenses.
A good part of these consultations respond to the need for security that new parents need, who are taking care of our newborn. And it is that as the doctor says Eduard Estivil, Pediatrician and specialist in Clinical Neurophysiology in his latest book Common sense pediatrics, the newborn is fragile, but does not break.
However, it is true that no one teaches us to be parents. In this society, which houses more and more people with a high educational level, doubts about something as natural as raising a child are growing. Eager for information that can help us in our daily reality, parents turn to numerous manuals that can provide us with specific information, but it is difficult to find an all in one.
Known for its controversial method of sleeping babies, Estivill is co-author of this work together with a colleague, also a pediatrician, Dr. Gonzalo Pin. In addition to explaining to parents and remedying the most common illnesses of children, this work devotes special attention to the upbringing and education of children in such important aspects as diet and sleep.
Estivill is convinced that the child's diet in his first five years will determine his quality of life in adulthood. Applying common sense in this important section, Dr. Estivill emphasizes that parents must be aware of the size of children's stomachs and, pretending that they eat more than what naturally fits inside is a mistake, which can lead to unintended consequences. desirable such as obesity.
To sleep soundly from the first day, Estivill makes us aware that babies also learn to sleep and that it is the responsibility of parents to teach our children to sleep from the first day, naturally, in their crib and establishing sleep routines for day and night.
But the interesting thing about the book is that it goes a little further in education, addressing topics such as discipline, grandparents-kangaroo, integration and bullying, children of different relationships, the single parent family, parents of the same sex, emigration and its opportunities, loss and grief, eating disorders and sex, as a key point of a healthy education.
Marisol New. Guiainfantil.com
You can read more articles similar to The newborn is fragile, but does not break, in the category of For parents on site.
Starting Thursday, March 14th, there is shopping and fun in the same place!
BABY EXPO, the biggest celebration of Pregnant and Babies in Romania opens its doors in the days of March 14, 15, 16, 17 at the Polivalenta Hall in Bucharest. Moms, dads, grandparents and kids are expected to discover unique products, enjoy the most attractive games together and benefit from special offers. For 4 days, the more than 150 companies present expect parents with a wide range of products and services for small children.
In order to make the visit to the BABY EXPO as enjoyable and relaxing as possible, we have prepared many fun activities for children and parents.
- Only one star of yours in the ITSY BITSY Universe! Each child will receive a star of his own, which he can color as he wants to fill the ITSY BITSY universe of joy. Parents will be able to participate in the raffle, which has an Evolio Tabby tablet!
- Beauty Play Children's Hairstyle offers free hairstyle services for girls and boys.
- At the Blue Bear / Baby Restaurant - Nestle is waiting for the little ones with delicious dishes, for a balanced and healthy diet! The menu is rich and varied, satisfies the tastes of the most delectable babies and is free. The parent chooses from the menu the favorite food of the little one and immediately the baby is served. The menu includes: purees, desserts and fruit drinks.
- A memory with you and your baby, from Everything about Moms and Uncle Jeb Studio - the most sympathetic and original family picture magnet, just fine to show or give to grandparents.
- Launch of the magazine "Pap tot!" - magazine "Pap tot!" and Mariana, the "chef-chef" awaits the chickens for cooking and tasting demonstrations: carrots with brisket, turkey cakes in oven, rice pudding with dried bananas, etc.
- CARNIVAL PARTY ... A colorful life! Delicate princesses or enchanted fairies, fierce pirates and funny spirits, at the BABY EXPO everyone looks forward to sharing.
- Chicco Play Space - a place of relaxation and fun for the little ones, equipped with garden toys.
- Prizes and surprises at the Superbebe stand! Pregnant and moms will have the opportunity to win a Streety 3-in-1 Comfort Baby Stroller, a Confort Green car seat and the grand prize: a stem cell harvesting package.
- Photo studio for mothers and babies GIA PHOTO STUDIO. Free for moms and babies, a photo in a story setting and a personalized photo frame.
- Pufies space for changing diapers. We have prepared a specially designed place, where the baby can try the Pufies diapers, and the moms discover all the advantages that the diapers offer to the babies that set the fashion trends.
- Breastfeeding Space Medela - in a friendly, clean and discreet environment, mothers have the opportunity to breastfeed the baby.
Parents are invited to participate in events and contests, which have become a tradition at the BABY EXPO
- Babies' Competition Going by the Bus - Every day at 11:00, the babies show everyone how little they can be champions at the bus ride and receive prizes from the Nestle Bear.
- Salsa BABY - dance to Salsa rhythms with your baby! Every day at 12:00, moms with babies in the baby carrier will compete in salsa rhythms. Lively tropical songs and many prizes offered by BABY-NOVA.
- Sport Dwarfs - the most attractive sporting event for children between 14 and 36 months. On a circuit adapted to the age of the child, with the help of parents, the youngest will have 4 tests: Climbing, Balance, Descent and Rostogol! Every day at 1pm, the Bear Nestle starts the contest and awards all the children.
- BABY Gym, game and movement for the little ones - Dorna-Izvorul Alb invites parents and children to discover the pleasure of the game through movement. Under the guidance of the specialists from Kineto Bebe, children play, do gymnastics ... learn to balance, roll, and parents receive advice on the harmonious growth of the little one. BABY Gym runs on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 3pm and 6.30pm.
- Auto Safety - how do we choose the car seat for our child?
At the Auto Safety booth, Maxi-Cosi specialists advise parents how to choose the right car seat according to the size of the child, so that he can travel safely and comfortably. Parents can also participate in practical demonstrations of mounting / dismantling car seats.
- First aid demonstrations - trainers and volunteers of the Red Cross, Sector 6 Branch, organize interactive first aid demonstrations in case of "holiday" accidents, in case of domestic accidents and in the case of road accidents, addressing both parents, future parents and children.
BABY EXPO is an educational salon!
Parents are invited to attend seminars and interactive workshops with specialists in pediatrics, education, childcare, nutrition, psychology, etc. Among the topics covered: healthy eating of children, the baby's sleep in the first year, harvesting of stem cells, between myth and reality, how to decipher the secret language of your child. Details on www.babyexpo.ro, under "Parent's Club".
SUZUKI - Official Auto Partner of BABY EXPO
Children change their parents' perspective on their priorities in life. Given the growing interest of parents for the safety of the child, SUZUKI comes to them with tips on choosing the right car for the whole family.
Parents are invited to the BABY EXPO from Thursday, March 14 until Sunday, March 17, daily between 10.00 and 19.00, and Sunday until 16.00, at the Multipurpose Hall in Bucharest.
Admission to the exhibition costs 10 lei for parents and is free for children.
Based on the entrance ticket, take part in the Super Tombola BABY EXPO!
Additional information at: www.babyexpo.ro and www.facebook.com/BabyExpoRomania.
The story ECOTIC
At one point, my child asked me where I work. I told him: at the ECOTIC Organization. "Okay, and what are you doing?"
I stayed for a few moments and thought. How can I explain to him as clearly as possible about the collection and recycling of WEEE, about national legislation and other such things that for him would sound, at best, foreign languages?
And that's how I came up with the idea of telling a story - ECOTIC story. It is a beautiful story, of people who make a lot of effort and who believe that nature and people have a common path: that of our future.
Sometime in 2006, it was set up The ECOTIC organization. Some awesome people, manufacturers of electronic equipment have set out to deal with an area that, until that moment, did not benefit much from anyone's attention: it was about doing something about big and possibly very dangerous wastes for the environment - namely waste electrical and electronic equipment (so called WEEE). More exactly, ECOTIC began to care about what happens with refrigerators, washing machines, microwave ovens, radios and televisions used in Roman homes.
All these equipments, if they are allowed to reach the dump or in the field, turn into real monsters that do much harm to the environment. This is because the equipment contains various very toxic substances, which pollute the soil and water. So ECOTIC has been thinking about putting into play the will, the team's magical knowledge and turning these monsters into gentle characters that contribute to our health of all. How? Through collection and recycling!
Thus, refrigerators, washing machines or televisions are transformed into valuable sources of materials that can be used. In addition, jobs are created and people are becoming more and more aware of how important it is not to exhaust the planet's resources, but to make sure we consume what we already have!
In time, ECOTIC has grown and learned a lot these years. He knows exactly what to do to collect and recycle more and more; He also knows how to convince people - children and adults - to be careful with the waste they generate and to teach them responsibly where they can be harnessed.
So we invite you to discover where you can take the waste closest to you and follow our activity on our sites, ecotic.ro and caravanaecotic.ro, as well as on our Facebook account. You will find there a lot of information about how to easily collect and tell children about this important topic.
Almost 10 years ago, ECOTIC a beautiful story started. For years already, this story has involved hundreds of thousands of people who want to show their care for the environment. ECOTIC wants to participate in this story and contribute to a more responsible and cleaner future.
Tags Recycle smart
Origin of first name:
Meaning of the name:
Derived from Neven, the word "nenv", which means sky in Breton. This pretty name already known in the Middle Ages is also sometimes given to girls and worn as family name. It remains rare. His feast: April 6 to honor Celestine I who was Pope from 422 to 432 and showed concern to defend the church and expand its borders.
Find a Name
Forbidden names in the world
Other names by themes>
The placenta It is an organ whose origin is the same as the fetus, that is, it is formed from the sperm and the ovum, and is of vital importance for the normal development of pregnancy and the growth of the future baby. What factors affect the development of placenta previa during pregnancy?
The placenta it has a maternal face, which is inserted into the uterus, and a fetal face. This body has multiple functions, among which are:
- Respiratory and nutritional
The baby takes in oxygen and nutrients from the mother through the umbilical cord and then releases waste products through the placenta and umbilical cord.
Since it secretes several hormones necessary for the maintenance of pregnancy and growth of the fetus.
It prevents the mother's defense system from identifying the pregnancy as a foreign body and attacking it. In addition, it also acts as a barrier to protect the future baby from toxic substances.
The usual is that the placenta is inserted into the mother's uterus, leaving the cervix free, since it is where the baby will come out on the day of delivery. However, between 0.3 and 0.8% of cases it is located by covering the cervix totally or partially. Why can this occur? What factors influence pregnancy to develop placenta previa in pregnancy?
- Previous cesarean section
- Multiple pregnancies
- Multiple spontaneous or induced abortions
- Advanced age
- History of placenta previa
The SEGO (Spanish Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics) classifies it according to the affectation in different degrees:
- Grade I: Low placenta, but that does not obstruct the cervical os.
- Grade II: Marginal placenta, when the placenta reaches just the edge of the internal cervical os, but does not exceed it.
- Grade III: Partial occlusive placenta, the cervical os is covered by the placenta, but not completely.
- Grade IV: Total occlusive placenta, the cervical os is completely covered by the placenta.
The diagnosis is usually made by ultrasound, since in the controls by the gynecologist not only the fetal well-being is valued, but the normal location of the placenta as well as its morphology. In most cases, the pregnancy passes without incident, however, it can happen that sometimes the woman presents a bright red bleeding, which occurs from the second trimester.
The definitive diagnosis should be made in the third trimester, since earlier due to the growth of the uterus, the placenta can move upwards, away from the cervix.
If the placenta is occlusive (in grades III and IV), the delivery cannot be vaginal since this would prevent the baby from being delivered; so if all goes well, a cesarean section would be scheduled when the baby is full term. In cases where the bleeding is abundant and does not subside, an emergency cesarean section should be done and, if the baby is not full term, the mother should be treated with intramuscular corticosteroids to promote the baby's lung maturation. and in the necessary cases a blood transfusion would be made to the mother.
The most important thing, as we always say, is to go to medical check-ups with your gynecologist to check that everything is developing normally or, to detect, whenever the case is the case, placenta previa in pregnancy or any other complication.
You can read more articles similar to Risks associated with placenta previa during pregnancy, in the category of Diseases - annoyances on site.