Malcolm Gladwell and Adam Grant: [email protected] - Talking To Strangers
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to calm baby in music?
The music relaxes toddlers when they are tense, it helps them to channel their anger and calm their agitation. But what music to choose and how to make it listen and enjoy to a young child? The advice of Gilles Diederichs, composer of relaxation music for children ...
Which music to choose for baby?
- Built on a rhythm that imitates a natural swing - a time on the left, a time on the right, a little like a metronome - these sweet jingles produce an almost hypnotic effect. When a child listens to a lullaby, all his body rhythms synchronize with that of this song: heart rhythm, brainwave rhythm. His vigilance goes down, he calms down.
- Experiments have shown that listening to classical music causes physiological effects: the body starts to make anti-stress hormones called endorphins. The sonatas of Mozart or Debussy, for example, by their simplicity and their very pure sonorous color which puts forward an instrument (clarinet, harp, piano or flute), are particularly tranquilizing.
- They are full of percussions of all kinds that often imitate the sounds of nature. Nothing like plunging a toddler into a daydream, to inspire him to imagine himself in the forest or at the edge of a stream. Thus Indian tablas (drums), which are taped with the fingertips, can evoke the sound of drops of water. Claves (wood chopsticks that can be interlocked) can be reminiscent of a horse's hooves.
- Some jazz pieces in which the brass (trumpet, trombone, tuba, etc.) are played gently, have real calming virtues. And this thanks to the quality of chords specific to this music (four or five notes and not three as is more often the case in other types of music). This peculiarity tempers the melodies, gives them a lot of sweetness. To be tested: Stan Getz's "The Girl from Ipanema" or Chet Baker's "Chetty's Lullaby".
How to listen to music with your child?
Make yourself comfortable
- You can lie side by side on a carpet or sit cross-legged and take it between your legs, all against you. Or put yourself back to back so that a body contact exists but he does not feel prisoner. Are you ready ? You can start the music!
Capture his attention
- If you feel that he is very agitated, that he can not concentrate on the music, give him a little boost by talking to him. "Here, do you hear the piano in this passage? And did you recognize the flute? Listen, you do not think it sounds like the sound of rain? "By your questions, you bring your child to focus on him. You can also have a fun experience to interest him: place the speakers near his bare feet. He will then feel the vibrations physically. This is an excellent opportunity to experience that music is not only heard through hearing, but is apprehended by the body as a whole.
Help him to go further in relaxation and relaxation
- Suggest that you breathe deeply, by following the rhythm of the music. We put the small hands on the belly and inflate, very slowly, very slowly. Then we blow with the mouth, long, long, long ... Immediate soothing effect, for everyone!
Gilles Diederichs is the author of "Accompassing the musical awakening of the child", ed. Mango.
Interview by Isabelle Gravillon for parent supplement of Popi magazine
Vбlassz! Cat or Christmas tree?
We know the floor is full of advice: cook it, so decorate it, pack it! Relax with us! Tell the others!Our favorite pet is Simon's cat. Almost as much patience as a two-year-old!
The only thing that makes me wonder is why the manufacturer set the flashing light only for 60 seconds. After all, is it recommended to brush for at least two minutes?
My doubts are dispelled when I study the packaging more precisely, which contains information that dentists recommend brushing ONE row of teeth for at least 60 seconds, and that we have two rows - that would be correct.
In addition, the purchase of a brush is also convincing with the option of buying batteries, so if these run out, you can give the brush a new life and continue to brush.
Ramón is a name for a child of Germanic origin that means 'the one protected by the divine council'. It is thus a name with some connotations of prudence and success implicit in its meaning, which can be perfect for your child.
Today it is not one of the most frequent names but it has been a very popular name throughout history. He celebrates his name day on August 31, which is the day of San Ramón.
Because of the meaning of his name, Ramón has a charismatic personality that exerts a great influence on others. His slow and prudent character does not prevent him from being a decisive person capable of resolving any conflict with his communication skills. In addition, Ramón has a great sense of responsibility and a protective spirit.
The name Ramón is known throughout the world with some variations thanks to the Germanic tradition. We find another form of this name in Raimundo or Raimondo and its better known variant in Raymond. In any case, it is one of those traditional names that do not resist disappearing and that continues to maintain a touch of freshness.
The number of illustrious characters who have borne the name of your child may help you to choose the name of your baby, especially in the literary world where we find figures of the stature of Ramón María del Valle Inclán, an icon of the grotesque theater with “Luces de Bohemia”, Ramón Gómez de la Serna, creator of the greguería or Ramón de Campoamor, ingenious author of epigrams.
On television we also have well-known faces such as the actor Ramón Langa or the presenter Ramón García. Nor can we forget Ramón Areces, founder of one of the most emblematic shopping centers in Spain, “El Corte Inglés”. And as a curiosity, we find towns named Ramón in places as diverse as Russia or the Philippines.
To know the origin and meaning of other names that celebrate their saint in the month of August, consult our calendar of the names of August saints. You will find all the curiosities related to the name and date of your birthday.
And besides, we have the most complete guide to baby names for boys and girls. Here you will find all the baby names arranged alphabetically to know their origin and meaning.
You can read more articles similar to Santo Ramón Day, August 31. Names for boys, in the category of Saints - Biblical on site.
Benefits of routine for children
Joe Rogans Morning Routine
Tips for preventing head lice in children
Rash in a child: baby acne
Baby acne are small spots that appear on the cheeks and chin. They usually have a white tip and appear on the red area. They develop most often just after birth or when the child finishes 2-4 weeks.
Read more about baby acne and how to treat it.
Rash in a child - chickenpox
Chickenpox it starts suddenly however, a pimple of unknown origin appears on the skin, which is often scratched by the child. Over time, more changes join it.
Smallpox rash occurs in the form small, red and itchy changes. The pimples change quickly to clear blisters filled with liquid in the reddened area, the last stage to end the disease are scabs, which fall off and leave discoloration (which disappears) or scars (which remain permanently).
Read more about chickenpox in children.
Rash in a child: diaper dermatitis
The skin within the diaper is red, swollen, irritated. The rash may be flat or convex, usually causing considerable discomfort to children. It is most common in children under 1 year old.
Read more about it
Child rash: eczema (eczema)
Eczema in a child may appear at every moment of life. Skin lesions have different forms and levels of severity: may be mild or very inflamed sometimes they do not cause discomfort, but usually their presence is associated with unpleasant itching.
Eczema most often appears on cheeks, chin, head, chest and back, sometimes develops in skin folds - under the knees, around the neck. The skin is dry, red and flaky. They may also appear small red oozing nodules.
Eczema is most common in the family genetically burdened with allergies or asthma. Skin changes usually appear in the first year of life, in the second year they may decrease or disappear altogether. Unfortunately, sometimes problems accompany the child until adulthood.
How eczema develops in young children, how to recognize it and how to treat it - click for information from the mother of a child with eczema.
Rash in a child: infectious erythema
It can also appear in children infectious erythema, resulting from contact with the parvovirus B19.
Before the rash appears on the baby's skin, there are other symptoms: lekke fever, cold symptoms, soreness, and a few days later bright red lesions on the skin of the cheeks, followed by the torso and legs.
Read more about infectious erythema, diagnosis and treatment methods.
Rash in a child: rubella
It usually starts with high temperature, which lasts 3 to 5 days. In the course of the disease, a rash appears on the face and neck, and then spreads to the arms, legs and face. The child may complain of well-being, may be irritable. Rubella may be accompanied diarrhea and vomiting. Rubella is rare, it affects children between 6 months and 3 years old most often.
Rash in a child: scabies
Scabies infectious disease which can affect children and adults of all ages. He is primarily characterized by disease severe itching and red skin changes, which occur primarily between the fingers, around the wrists, around the elbows, in the diaper area.
Itchy skin is the most intense after bathing and at night. It can effectively hinder night rest.
Child rash: scarlet fever
Scarlet fever is a long-known disease caused by bacteria. Its main symptom are tiny red bumps under the neck, in the groin and on the chest. Scarlet fever is mainly affected by children attending nurseries and kindergartens, the symptoms most often observed in children up to 10 years old.
Read more about the diagnosis and treatment of scarlet fever in children.
Rash in children can also occur for other reasons - contact eczema, an allergic reaction, and other infectious diseases not listed above.