Name Shani - Meaning and origin
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
HIV in children and adolescents
According to statistics, 36 million people were living with AIDS in 2016, of which 2.1 million were children under 15 years of age. And, despite the fact that death cases have been reduced since 2005 by 48%, it still remains a problem worldwide.
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is a disease in which there is a progressive failure of the immune system, so the body cannot fight infections and other diseases. It is caused by HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). It affects people of any age and condition, but on our site we focus on HIV in children and adolescents.
The HIV virus can be transmitted in several ways:
- Through unprotected sex, is the most common form of contagion of the disease. It is also a frequent route of transmission among HIV-positive adolescents.
- Being exposed to blood contaminated with the virus: it is how people who use drugs or some patients transfused with blood and even medical personnel are infected.
- Mother to son: it is the most common form of contagion in children. And it is that it can be transmitted by the seropositive mother to the baby during pregnancy, at the time of delivery or even in lactation.
The main route of treatment for HIV is through antiretroviral treatment (TAR). These drugs do not cure AIDS, but they do manage to keep it at bay. One of the main measures for it to work is good compliance with the medication regimen and not skipping any of the doses.
Treatment is the same for adults and children. However, in the case of babies, there is the possibility of administering it in liquid form due to the inability to swallow pills of younger children.
To this day, there is neither a vaccine against the virus, nor a medicine that completely cures those affected.
Antiretroviral treatments allow HIV-positive children to have a life expectancy of at least 35 years. However, many of the affected children live in areas where these drugs do not reach, so mortality is higher in these depressed areas.
Children suffering from AIDS or children orphaned by AIDS suffer a phenomenon as cruel as disease and it is the discrimination and violence by other children and adults.
They are children and adolescents who suffer rejection from others who, out of ignorance and fear, fear touching them or having the slightest contact with them. It is even difficult for them to find a school as they are opposed by many intolerant parents and teachers.
To date, there are only two ways to stop the advance of HIV in children and adolescents:
- Prevention: with campaigns aimed at teenagers to make them aware of the importance of having safe sex.
- Early detection and treatment: many AIDS patients do not know they are until the disease has advanced. If HIV-positive pregnant women receive adequate treatment, the spread of the disease to the baby can be reduced to less than 1% of those affected.
You can read more articles similar to HIV in children and adolescents, in the category of Childhood Diseases on site.
Resilient Prevention: Adolescents and HIV
While it is true that it is recommended that babies newly born sleep "on their back" (to prevent sudden infant death syndrome), it is also recommended that they spend time on their stomachs daily, with their tummy on a more or less firm surface. Is what is called Tummy time for babies and that it is nothing more than a type of gymnastics that will help you to have a correct development.
Tummy time or "tummy time" is the time babies spend on their tummy. It is a practice of physical activity for newborns, with which the correct development of the baby is promoted, and it is that the daily performance of it has multiple benefits for the little one:
1. Babies spend most of their time sleeping in a supine position, that is, on their back, so they use very little of the neck muscles. Tummy time helps their correct development, thus helping the baby to have better head control. It should be noted that the head is the heaviest part of a baby's body.
2. Being on your stomach, you will inevitably use your upper body muscles, helping to strengthen arms, back and shoulders. Thus, it also helps to develop the motor skills that the baby needs to crawl, sit ...
3. Helps prevent deformities in the baby's skull bone, such as plagiocephaly. This appears when the newborn is in the same position for a long time (lying on his back or sitting in the traditional reclining seats for newborns). Any type of placement where the baby is face down will be positive to prevent it.
4. The babies with torticollis (which makes the neck stiff and tense) can benefit from this physical activity, as it helps to release tension in the area.
5. The baby you make Tummy time you can see the world from other angles, thus obtaining different perspectives, something that help coordinate movements, especially those of the hands.
6. It is a time of socialization of the baby, where parents can interact and play with him. As we will see later, during the Tummy time, the baby always has to be accompanied; In addition, you should try to keep their attention (talking to them, with toys ...) so that they try to keep their heads elevated.
7. It can also prevent the early onset of childhood obesity, since the less physical activity of the newborn increases the total fat mass.
When should I start the Tummy time with my baby? Should I take any action to do it? It is recommended to start the Tummy time as soon as possible, even the first day after delivery, and incorporate it into your daily routine.
The first days he will only be able to support his tummy, but little by little he will gain strength and control over his head, arms, shoulders ... You will notice the progress immediately!
When we do the Tummy time With our baby, he must be receptive, that is, calm but alert, without crying and, of course, always supervised. There are a wide variety of tools and toys that adapt to the baby's age to be able to carry out their Tummy time correctly: from EVA rubber mats for the little ones, to toys that keep their attention for the older ones.
And it is that,Tummy timeit is, in short, the opportunity given to babies to move freely, without restrictions. Do you dare to practice it with your little one? You will have a great time!
You can read more articles similar to 7 benefits of Tummy time for babies. The most fun game for your child, in the category of Infant stimulation on site.
Tummy Time and Reflux in Babies: How To Make Tummy Time Enjoyable
Mushroom cream. Light and soft for children
Why do we need honesty in the family? That is about the lies of children and adultsWhen we bring up children, we want to do it well. Live in the feeling that in case of problems, a teenager or a few years old will turn to us, not to strangers who can easily use his naivety. We want to believe that he will not be afraid to admit his mistake, he will tell us what is important to him, that he will have support in us.
It is widely known that many problems and human tragedies could have been avoided if the family had been honestly talking and if the children had the feeling that they could count on their parents.
"The lie cares for the present, but there is no future" Author unknown
Show your child the differences between truth and fiction
The child does not immediately understand the categories of truth and fiction, for example, in preschool, it changes reality according to your wishes. In this way, he wants to avoid responsibility, trouble, put himself in a better position. He can't stand thinking about himself in "bad categories". He wants to believe that what is the problem has not really happened, that it was completely different.
The parent's role is supporting children in learning the rules - what is real and what is false. Family stories described in two versions can help. The first is about what happened a moment ago, yesterday or a few days ago, and what the child remembers. Let the second end in an absurd way: "and then a big bird came, sat down on the kitchen table and began to eat a sandwich ...".
The child's task is to indicate which story is true.
Don't be over-reacting
If a parent reacts excessively to every, even the tiniest offense, he gets very angry when the child is "just a child" and tests some possibilities, unfortunately he does not forecast well.
Usually a toddler who is afraid a harsh reaction from mum and dad, when he makes a mistake, he will try to hide it. This need is very strong. The child will do a lot to protect himself from the belief that "he is so bad because he did it," he prefers to lie and believes in what he says.
Because often tell your child that you love them, even if he does something wrong and you are angry at it at the moment. Repeat that he can come to you with everything and say everything, even if he is very afraid.
Be consistent when your child trusts you, try to stay calm. Children are very afraid of anger, shouting, punishment ... Remember that honesty is more important than being perfect, so don't punish for telling the truth.
Don't ask unnecessary questions
Did you see your daughter pour red borscht onto a white tablecloth? Avoid direct confrontations when you know the answer to a question. Do not ask - "did you spill it?" In this way, maybe not directly, but still - you signal that the daughter has a different way out of the situation, that she can lie, trying to avoid the consequences.
Express your regret that the tablecloth may not wash out, but you will try to remove the stain. Let your daughter help you and become responsible for her actions.
Don't focus on lying, but on truth and problem solving together.
As parents, our goal is to help find a solution. Therefore, the only valid question will be that which refers to empathy - "how would you feel if your best friend lied to you ...?"
Strengthen the child's self-esteem
By spending time with your toddler, hugging them, kissing, playing, you show that you love them. You give him stability and sense of security. Child, who feels loved, is stronger and ready to tell the truth. He doesn't have to lie because he knows that in case of problems he will be understood, heard and together you will find a solution.
Already banned in bottles and baby food containers, Bisphenol A (BPA) is now banned from all French food containers. Good news.
What is Bisphenol A?
- Bisphenol A, or BPA, is a synthetic chemical, used in the composition of materials in contact with foodstuffs, among other things. The inner coating of cans, some prepared dishes, contain Bisphenol A in large quantities. BPA is also found in some cooking utensils (plastic boxes), in water bottles, soda cans ...
Why is Bisphenol A banned?
- Following numerous studies carried out by the National Health Security Agency (ANSES) among other things, BPA has been identified as an endocrine disruptor having consequences on the reproductive system, the brain and the ecosystem, even at low levels of 'exposure.
- Already prohibited in baby bottles since 2010 and baby food containers since 2013, today all food containers are concerned in France. An effective ban since January 1, 2015. However, this does not mean that products containing BPA will be removed from the shelves because those that already contain and put on sale before January 1 will not be removed from the market.
How to detect Bisphenol A in everyday products?
Tricks to help children with homework
Some friends who have older children have already warned me: 'You will find out when your children bring homework.' I did not pay much attention to the complaints of these mothers and here I am, with a boy of almost 8 years who arrives with homework every day and who, at times, has a hard time learning certain skills. So I started looking alternatives to learn in a simple and comprehensive way, never from memory without more.
Learn the hours, the days of the week, months, years, multiplication tables, the bones of the human body, poems ... Sometimes children have to study at home for an exam but it is difficult for them to acquire certain knowledge, for Therefore, some teachers, educators and even mothers devised some methods that have been very useful to me:
- the multiplication tables: There are a lot of videos on the Internet in which a rhyming song helps them to remain in their memory. There are even those who, during the song, leave space for the child to 'sing' the answer.
- the hours: it is essential to get a watch. If it has large hands that they can move, all the better. There are also many stories and publications that can help you.
- a rhyme: we can read the poem out loud first, then talk about the meaning of the rhyme or its story. Then the child should also read it aloud. Then go verse by verse even reciting it as if it were a little song.
- the days of the week, months and years: I have seen a very useful trick. It is about cutting out a large circle with cardboard in which we write in capital letters YEAR and below the 12 months of the year. We cut out another smaller circle and write the word MONTH and write that the months have 30 or 31 days and February 28 or 29 is a leap year. We cut out another smaller circle and we write in big WEEK and below the seven days of the week. A last smaller circle will have the word DAY and we note that the day has 24 hours. The circles can be tied with a ribbon at the top in an orderly way.
- languages: we can help you by putting your drawings in English or even educational videos to learn words in other languages.
- knowledge of the environment: It is not the same to memorize the bones of the human body by pointing to an arm or a leg than if we show them a drawing of a skeleton. The same happens with muscles, vertebrate animals, mammals or the seasons of the year. They will learn better if they see the written word and next to it a graphic representation.
We can help ourselves with abacos, tablets, smartphones, blackboards ... the elements in which we can represent or see represented the concepts to learn are always of great help. In any case, it is important to facilitate the path of learning, but not to do their homework, since far from helping them we would be harming them.
In any case, I have read a quote from actor Michael J. Fox that should make us reflect: 'If children can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.'
You can read more articles similar to Tricks to help children with homework, in the School / College category on site.
Houdini Stop buckleHoudini Stop buckle is a product that has recently been available on the Polish market, distributed by one of the stores with products for children and parents. On the website of the distributor we can read that the buckle magically blocks from escaping from the seat, prevents the child from getting out of the car, feeding chair or pram. So much in theory. In practice, the product is completely unnecessary, and fitting it in child seats available on the European market in the correct way is simply impossible.
Gadget not for Polish parents
Buckles permanently mounted by car seat manufacturers are a very popular solution on the US market, where they operate under the term "Harness retainer clip". "European manufacturers or those producing for this market are focusing on developing harness belt protectors. This means that this type of buckle cannot be used in a "European" car seat - explains Paulina Zielińska from thechairik website.info - Because correctly that the said product fulfills its functions, the buckle should be at the height of the child's bridge. European car seats have extended protectors, which means that there is no more space for the buckle. This solution works great in American models, where the protectors are smaller. It should be emphasized, of course, that these are only buckles that are an original, integral part of the seat. Extensive protectors are just as good and ensure safety. "
The idea is good, but ...
The correct installation of the car seat and removing the seat belts is the basis that determines the safety of travel. It guarantees the correct positioning of safety belts just before the collision.
The "harness retainer clip" offered on the market are not designed to "prevent escape". It is a solution that has completely different functions.
Therefore, promoting the Houdini Stop Buckle as a solution that allows you to escape from the car seat is already a false assumption. The more so that with proper removal of the belts, younger children are not able to get out of the seat, while in the case of older ones the mentioned buckle is not an obstacle, which is proved by the video material promoting the product. We observe on it that the child easily unbuttons the button at the bottom, hence the use of additional locks is pointless. Just carefully analyze the promotional material that the manufacturer has prepared for parents to quickly find out that the buckle is not only an unnecessary expense, but a product whose use is pointless.
The clip itself, if it is equipment designed by the manufacturer and intended for use in a given car seat, is very good. Unfortunately, the buckle in question is not a device designed by the manufacturer of any of the car seats, so it is not adapted to any particular model.
- The product does not fit into any car seat with European approval, which is available on the Polish market. Will not fit with harness protectors. It cannot be installed correctly with extended protectors.
- Installing such a buckle by the parent himself to his model of the seat will cause that the protectors will not be able to fulfill their function and the child will not be more secure. "The level of protection will even decrease" - explains Paulina Zielińska.
- The function of the buckle and extended protectors is not about "preventing escape". Products of this type are designed to ensure the correct positioning of straps and to protect the neck against abrasions. This solution is very good, provided that it is used as the original extended functionality of the seat.
- Advertising material promoting the Houdini Stop buckle is not true. The car seat presented in the movie does not have any protectors, so it is not a car seat that we can buy in Polish stores.
- "It's better not to experiment and stick to the seat manufacturer's guidelines. Any alterations on your own, novelties and gadgets only seemingly help. - adds Paulina Zielińska. "
Houdini Stop is unnecessary. It is not worth investing in it. The 45 zlotys that you have to spend on a buckle are better spent on something else.
Thank you to theudge.info team for substantive support when writing the article.