Mastitis: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and How to Prevent It!
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Dr. Jennifer Shu is a pediatrician and a member of the our site Advisory Board. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and her medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University. She completed her pediatric residency training at the University of California, San Francisco, where she also served as chief resident.
Shu has more than 20 years of private practice and academic pediatrics experience. She is a diplomate of the American Board of Pediatrics and a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Shu is coauthor of Heading Home with Your Newborn and Food Fights and is a contributor to numerous health and parenting websites, publications, and other media outlets.
AAP Media Training 101: Looking Your Best on TV
What are some of the external features that give rise to the suspicion that the baby has Down syndrome?
Symptoms of Down syndromeNewborns, where there is some evidence of Down syndrome, are subjected to genetic testing, which can be done by diagnosis.
What Symptoms Can Indicate Your Baby's Down Syndrome?Some symptoms of Down syndrome can be observed in non-Down syndrome babies, but in Downos babies it is common to see more than one symptom at a time. It is important that these external marks do not show the baby's abilities. We can experience a baby with Down's syndrome on his own. Brushfield points: tiny white spots on the heartbeat. This appearance is unaffected. Hypotonic muscle tone and laxity are also common in Down syndrome babies. The limbs and fingers are shorter, the little finger shorter by one minute than usual and inward. The toes can be shorter and characteristic of you. sandals when the big toe and the next toe are visible. We saw a cross line on the palm.The baby with Down syndrome has a smaller head and thighs thinner than the average.
The mouth, ears and nose are smaller, the ears are flat, and the nostrils may be flatter.
There are often slower growth rates and lower growth rates in their peers.The Down syndrome babies have large individual differences, much larger than non Downos babies. They have outward features that are typical of the multitude, but they are also more like their family lawyers.
"My baby never sleeps, is it normal?" It begins to worry me. Dr. Di Mascio, a pediatrician in Paris, answers Elodie's question.
The answer of Dr. Béatrice Di Mascio, pediatrician in Paris *
- The first year of life, the baby is supposed to sleep in the morning and also take a nap in the afternoon.
- Some children sleep a lot, the heavy sleepers go to take a nap that can last three hours in the afternoon. Others will have a different sleep pattern during the day and prefer to take micro-naps for about half an hour.
- It does not matter, as long as the child wakes up in great shape, smiling, calm and eating well. This is a sign that it is his nature to sleep little during the day.
- On the other hand, when a child sleeps little, wakes up crying, looks upset or squirms, it is often a sign that he is unable to sleep longer. This can happen at the nursery, because of the noise of other babies, or when the child is embarrassed by colic or gastro-oesophageal reflux.
- It is not the time of sleep that counts, what counts is that the child is in good health. And to comfort parents, babies who make 2 or 3 micro-naps during the day, are often the ones who make their nights fast enough.
* Author of My child from birth to kindergarten (Albin Michel)
Interview by Frédérique Odasso
All our baby expert answers
The siesta: one of the great pleasures of the Latin countries and increasingly of the Anglo-Saxon ones. The term comes from the 11th century and from one of the rules of the Italian abbot Saint Benedict: rest and tranquility at the sixth hour, which was between 12 and 15 hours.
This very Spanish custom, becomes fundamental and a necessary and beneficial practice for babies and children. Perhaps after knowing why, you also choose to adopt a little sleep after eating.
Nap fans know how important it is to face the rest of the day those 20 minutes of rest after lunch, it is a "reset" that is difficult to resist. Experts recommend that children nap during their first five years, as it has multiple benefits for their development:
1. Naps improve memory: According to an American study, children remember better what they are learning if they nap.
2. Children develop greater psychological and social performance: Research by sleep experts reveals that children who do not nap after sleep have more symptoms of hyperactivity, anxiety and depression.
3. Helps improve performance: napping after eating helps children face the afternoon with more energy and renewed problem-solving skills.
4. Stimulates creativity and imagination: Since by taking a little sleep we also give the brain a rest.
5. Improves school performance: Research on children's sleep reveals that a prolonged loss of sleep during childhood is related to worse school performance, even increasing the risk of language delay.
6. Calms down and reduces irritability: tiredness makes children irritable and restless, so a little sleep will help them to be calmer.
7. Generate positivism: helps maintain good mental health, have a better mood and be more positive.
8. Improve attention: that small stop that most mammals already make and against which humans should not resist, enhances children's ability to concentrate.
9. Improve learning: Studies reveal that brain activity is higher in people who nap compared to those who do not. If, in addition, children are in a constant learning period, it is important that they do not skip it.
10. Helps to grow: sleep-wake cycles modulate cardiovascular, respiratory, and endocrine functions. Growth hormone essential for development is released.
You can read more articles similar to 10 benefits of naps for babies and children, in the category of children's sleep on site.
Bahçeci Women's Health Center Op. Dr. Esra Aksoy Jozwiak Sonrası It should be considered as an opportunity for you and your health to be reviewed and informed after pregnancy. It is very beneficial to have this process, which is a golden opportunity for women's health, to come to your regular controls geçir. gynecological controls share the curious.
-Physician checks during pregnancy is done very often. What are the benefits?
Pregnancy process the only period for some of you to be seen and evaluated by a doctor. Therefore, we consider the pregnancy process as an important opportunity to evaluate your health and lead a healthy life after birth. In my opinion, pregnancy is a period in which a woman will be made aware of her health, discuss with her doctor, and recognize problems she has not been aware of until that day. For example, a heart condition that does not present any symptoms before pregnancy can give the first sign during pregnancy and internal problems can be recognized in a woman who goes to regular check-ups. The best period for discussing the methods of prevention with you during and after pregnancy. The postpartum period defines the period of time the body returns to prenatal physiology and traditionally is 40 days. In fact, pregnancy-related changes are normalized in about 6-8 weeks.
- When should the first gynecological examination be carried out after childbirth?
Depending on your wish for protection and the preference of your doctor, you should go for a check-up after 3-8 weeks. In this examination, the incision site is checked and the uterus and ovaries are evaluated by examination. The smear test is performed at first admission during pregnancy. This test is repeated annually to prevent cervical cancer. The test can be repeated every 3 years in women whose three smears are reported as normal.
- When is the first period after birth?
If your baby is breastfeeding regularly, postpartum menstruation 2-18. months. Periods may be irregular.
- When can postpartum sexual intercourse and protection be started?
Whenever a woman feels ready and comfortable for sexual intercourse, the relationship can be started. The problem is how to protect the breastfeeding mother. Regular ovulation may begin from the third week after birth. If sexual intercourse is made before the normalization of the changes in the cervix and cervix, condom protection is better. “Breastfeeding protects from pregnancy” is not the right belief. You can use progesterone preparations which are one of the hormonal contraception methods during breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding process is experiencing a change in breasts. Is mammography recommended at the end of this process?
During pregnancy, lactation and under 35 years of age, mammography screening is not recommended because of low diagnostic value.Breastfeeding The resulting masses should be examined, if necessary, checked by ultrasound and cyst content can be sampled with a needle and examined pathologically.
Riddles: Everything is ahead
Prove Your Big Brain Power in 23 Tough Riddles
A study cited by WebMD shows that in 81% of cases, doctors recommend children who have insomnia, drugs approved only for adults.
The researchers agree that such treatment can sometimes help children but should be used in combination with behavioral therapy.
Statistics show that the drugs were used in children aged 6-12 years in the following quantities:
- antihistamines 33%;
- medicines for tension 26%;
- 10% antidepressant;
- sleeping medications such as various types of diazepam 16%.
The researchers tried to find out in which cases other treatment attempts were approached than the medication and they discovered the following:
- 7% of the children were sent to the nutritionist to establish a diet;
- 22% of the cases were treated by psychotherapy;
- in 19% of cases the medication was replaced with behavioral therapy.
Specialists recommend establishing the same sleep schedule every day.
Apple and his brilliant founder Steve Jobs have understood the technological needs of a family. A product that works by itself, that can do everything, that is used without a user's manual (or almost) and that gets carried away everywhere by being discreet. With MacBook Air laptops, Apple has redefined the place of computing in our uses, fun and useful for all. The problem is having to share it. There is no large family discount at Apple? Its +: lighter than a keychain ... Its price: from 949 €.
Apple and his brilliant founder Steve Jobs have understood the technological needs of a family. A product that works by itself, that can do everything, that is used without a user's manual (or almost) and that gets carried away everywhere by being discreet. With MacBook Air laptops, Apple has redefined the place of computing in our uses, fun and useful for all. The problem is having to share it. There is no large family discount at Apple?
His +: lighter than a key ring ...
His price : from € 949.