We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Is Cat Really Dangerous for a Child's Mental Health?
All parents know that teaching the little one to wash their hands as often as possible and to have their teeth after a meal is a real challenge. Once you have fun hygiene, everything becomes a playground for children.
When it comes to hygiene, we discuss health first, and if your little one manages to learn some hygiene habits, you are sure that he is free from bacteria and some conditions. To get used to it with a clear routine from this point of view, you just have to find the fun part of each activity. Here's what you have to do:
Keep the caries away with an addictive game for the little ones
Caries cause great discomfort to children, even if they are on milk teeth. Oral hygiene habits have been learned since childhood, and parents need to give them greater importance, especially since little ones don't even like to brush their teeth.
The first thing you have to do is brush your teeth together every morning and evening. It is vital to start this habit together. Another important aspect is to play while you do this, so that he does not see the activity as something he has to do, but something he likes. Take a special toothpaste for children - it also has a composition dedicated to children's teeth, but it also has a pleasant taste and packaging that attracts little ones.
Also, such a toothbrush for children will make brushing your teeth more fun for the little ones, guaranteeing a correct and complete cleaning of the tooth. In addition, you will receive several ways with which the child can personalize his / her brush, and the Kid Pace function provides fun and entertaining musical tones and helps children learn how to brush their teeth properly. With such a brush and sweet toothpaste as a candy it becomes almost impossible for the little one not to find it fun to brush their teeth, right?
Hand washing, learned with an interesting exercise
It is difficult to convince your child to wash their hands as often as they do not see the bacteria they bring from outside and do not understand how they expand in the home. Well, if you manage to give her a mindful lesson in this regard, you can rest assured that she will never forget to wash her hands.
Give her hands with cream and apply glitter on top of her. Then let him continue his activities. After half an hour at most you will notice that he has left traces of glitter on all the objects he has touched and that he has spread everywhere, just as bacteria do. You will need to wash them to remove the glitter, and once you show them this practical, fun and easy-to-remember lesson, you will know how the microbes spread and how to get rid of them. In addition, it is a fun exercise for him and he has a lot to learn.
Baita will be more fun than ever with the help of toys
Some children love water and would stay in the tub full of water for hours, while others start crying only at the idea that they are going to take a bath. Well, if your child is one of the water scared children, the first step is to buy special cleaning products for him, so as not to cause itching in the eyes. The second step is to put in bath tub toys such as rubber sticks, a basketball basket for the tub, also with the ball, of course. Do not forget to put music for children, you will definitely find a song that is just for the bath and teach him what to do.
Has your child quickly learned about hygiene habits? Which of them did you have the most fork with?
Photo source: Shutterstock
Tags Child hygiene Children's dental hygiene Child care
One of the main reasons for pediatric consultation, both in hospital services and in primary care services, is fever in the child. Fever is the elevation of the normal temperature of the body: more than 38º C if it is measured in the rectum or more than 37.5º C if it is measured in the armpit. From 37.5ºC to 38ºC axillary is considered low-grade fever.
The most common cause of fever in infants and children is a viral infection. According to the recommendations of the SEUP (Spanish Society of Pediatric Emergencies) this is what parents should know about fever in pediatric age.
It is advisable to measure the temperature with the thermometer. It is true that fathers and mothers know when the child has a fever due to their attitude, their 'chapetas', when putting their hand on their forehead or on their back ... but the pediatrician will ask the degree of fever ... and it cannot be something approximate.
- It is only necessary to lower the fever if the child is upset. This generally occurs from 38-38.5ºC. Also, if the child has a history of febrile seizures, it is advisable not to let the temperature rise too much, although the first sign that the child has a fever may be the seizure. Whether or not a seizure occurs is not related to the degree of high fever, but more to individual susceptibility, and sometimes to sudden changes in temperature.
- The child should not be sheltered, if he is cold, it is advisable to cover him so that he feels better, but without overcoating him. The temperature of the house should be warm.
It is advisable to offer him plenty of fluids, without forcing him, since the increase in body temperature increases the insensitive losses of body fluid.
- Use the doses of antipyretics recommended by your pediatrician respecting the intervals between them. Whenever possible, administer them by mouth, not rectally, since absorption is more accurate.
- According to the latest pediatric recommendations medications to treat fever should not be alternated. It is advisable to use only one in the appropriate doses.
- Baths with lukewarm water (physical measures) reduce fever a little. You can use them to help antipyretics, but always at a temperature 2 degrees lower than the child's fever. Do not use alcohol or cold water compresses.
- If the child is less than 3 months old. The baby will generally be asked for a blood and urine test, since they are at higher risk of serious infection.
- If your child is sleepy, down or, on the contrary, very irritable.
- If you have had a seizure for the first time.
- If you complain of a severe headache and vomit several times.
- If the child is breathing with difficulty, his ribs are noticeable, he breathes quickly or makes unusual noises when breathing.
- When red spots appear on the skin that do not disappear when pressed (this is petechiae, which can be a sign of a serious infection).
- Fever is not bad in itself, is a sign that there is some pathology, generally infectious. It is a way that our body has to fight infection.
- Fever does not damage the brain until it reaches 42ºC or more.
- Antipyretics do not cure the infection, they only help the child feel better. Therefore the infectious process will continue its course, despite the antipyretics
You can read more articles similar to Fever in infants and children. What should parents do, in the category of Children's Diseases on site.
Hohes Fieber beim Kleinkind: So geht richtig messen und behandeln
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip is an animated drama-comedy following the amusing journey of Alvin (Justin Long), Simon (Matthew Gray Gubler) and Theodore (Jesse McCartney). The three friends become very concerned when Dave (Jason Lee) suggests limiting their performances, in favour of taking his star client Ashley (Bella Thorne), as well as his new girlfriend Samantha (Kimberly Williams-Paisley), to Miami for an upcoming record launch. When the Chipmunks discover a ring in Dave's bag, they become immediately concerned that he intends to propose to Samantha. This displeases the Chipmunks, as they do not want her unkind son Miles (Josh Green) to become their step-brother.
The sentiment is shared by Miles himself, so the group set off to Miami by plane in an effort to put a stop to the potential engagement. However, chaos ensues when Theodore allows several animals out of cages whilst on the flight, and the air marshal needs to organise an emergency landing. The group continue their escapades in an effort to reach Miami before it is too late, wreaking havoc along the way, but ultimately developing a fondness for each other that none of them had anticipated.
ThemesBlended families; friendship; adventure
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip contains minimal violence. For example:
- Characters are sometimes mildly injured for comedic value, or appear to be hurt but are actually fine. For instance, toothpicks are thrown at a man's face - they are stuck in his skin temporarily, but he is not hurt.
- An air marshal is hit in the groin by a slingshot. The Chipmunks and Miles are taken into custody for doing this after the plane lands.
- One scene sees a small fight escalate into a larger brawl, involving more people and some comedic fighting and hitting.
Content that may disturb children
Under 5Nothing of concern
From 5-8Nothing of concern
From 8-13Nothing of concern
Nothing of concern
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip has very mild sexual references, including some references to 'liking big butts', and descriptions of being attractive or 'hot'.
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip has mild use of alcohol. One scene takes place in a Western bar, where people are dancing and adults are seen to be drinking alcohol.
Nudity and sexual activity
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip has very mild sexual activity, including a scene where a couple embraces and shares a kiss.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chipcontains some product placement. For example:
- Apple products, such as Apple laptops and phones. Beats headphones are also seen in the film.
- Online social media websites such as Youtube and Twitter.
- Corporate brands such as McDonalds, American Idol, Krispy Kreme Donuts, Speedos, etc.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip has very mild coarse language.
Ideas to discuss with your children
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip is a heart-warming story of family and friendship. The film depicts the transformation of the Chipmunks as they work together with Miles in order to achieve a common goal. Despite their initial dislike of one another, the group grows close and ultimately forms a close bond. The movie also highlights issues related to making mistakes, and the consequences that can ensue from making questionable decisions. The movie handles these issues in a positive way, and the main message is one of forgiveness and compassionate understanding.
Values in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip that parents may wish to reinforce with their children include:
- The love of family is unconditional, and that it is alright to make mistakes or bad decisions.
- The importance of understanding that all behaviours have consequences, and that it is crucial to be forward-thinking before acting.
- Families come in different forms, and there are no set rules for what denotes a 'family'.
- The strength and power of friendship in regards to overcoming obstacles.
This movie could also give parents the opportunity to discuss with their children attitudes and behaviours, and their real-life consequences, such as:
- The consequences of one's actions, and the importance for owning up to one's mistakes whilst dealing with the repercussions.
- The nature of what a family unit can be - the film presents families with adoptive parents, as well as single-parent families, and depicts these as all equally capable of being supportive and loving.
The study, published in JAMA Network Open, analyzed national survey data on more than 1,000 pregnant women. Each woman answered questions about their food intake and use of supplements on two different days.
Almost half of the women didn't get enough magnesium, vitamin D, or vitamin E, and about a third were low in iron, the researchers found. More than 1 in 10 women didn't get enough vitamin A, folate, calcium, or vitamin C.
At the same time, a whopping 95 percent of women consumed too much sodium. About a third of the women got too much folic acid and iron.
Most of the women surveyed were taking a prenatal supplement. That's a good thing, because it likely helped them make up for some of the nutritional deficiencies in their diets, the authors concluded. But, some of the supplements may have also contributed to the women getting too much of some nutrients, such as folic acid and iron, they wrote.
The study relied on the women accurately recalling and reporting their food and supplement use, so the results may not be entirely accurate. Also, the researchers didn't measure the actual amount of nutrients in the women's blood, which would have provided more-reliable data on what vitamins and minerals their bodies where actually absorbing.
Speaking to Reuters, epidemiology and nutrition expert Linda Van Horn, of Northwestern University, said the results of the study aren't surprising. "Most Americans don't eat the right amount of nutrients, and pregnant women are no different," she said.
Good nutrition during pregnancy is important for your developing baby's health, as well as for yours. If you're concerned about your pregnancy diet, here are a few suggestions:
- Find ways to eat less salt (check out the American Heart Association's advice on reducing sodium in your diet)
- Consult with a dietitian or your healthcare provider about how to eat healthily and improve your nutrition.
- Don't stop taking prenatal supplements – just ask your provider to recommend a brand that's right for you.
- Check out information from our site about the pregnancy nutrients you need to help your baby grow and the basics of eating well during pregnancy.
our site News & Analysis is an assessment of recent news designed to cut through the hype and get you what you need to know.
A Registered Dietitian Shares Her Pregnancy Tips
My gym before baby: session 1
The "Fit to deliver" method comes from Canada. This very gentle gymnastics is practiced pregnant and just after birth. Matthieu Le Corre, sports coach trained in the program "Fit to deliver", advises Elodie, pregnant for 4 months, for a first session. Indulge !
Then look at the 2nd session.
Production : Kinokho Studio
Montage: Kinokho Studio
Production : Marie-Victoire Garcia
Changes in atmosphere. How they are perceived by the babyQuestion:
- I have a baby of 6 months old and I find that if he hears a doll crying, he also cries, if another baby cries or speaks louder, he is sad and begins to cry. It does not seem normal to me, please tell me, please, if I am mistaken, what can I do to remedy the situation?Answer:
Don't worry - the environment you live in is probably a very calm atmosphere; it is normal when something deviates from "normality" to scare him (he has no way to appreciate the dangers).
Eat it, explain that there is no danger (in a calm, warm tone), eventually take it in your arms (be careful not to use these aspects later as a "blackmail" - to cry whenever you do it. leave alone in the crib).