6 Weeks Pregnant: Symptoms, Belly & More
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The baby with toxoplasmosis at birth
How do children eat in nurseries and kindergartens? Powdered soups, sugar and frozen food ...
In China, a two-headed baby girl was born last week. This anomaly had been detected only a few days before delivery. A rare phenomenon that can not happen in France, as explained by Professor Yann Révillon, head of pediatric visceral surgery department at the Necker Children's Hospital in Paris. (News of 17/05/11)
Could a child with two heads be born in France?
- Pr Révillon: this anomaly related to a case of Siamese children is extremely rare, with a probability between 1 in 50 000 births and 1 in 100,000 births. Such a phenomenon could not happen in France where medical monitoring during pregnancy and prenatal screening are extremely precise, with at least three ultrasounds. Such a malformation, a body with two cephalic poles, is visible as the nose in the middle of the figure and detectable very quickly. If necessary, a medical termination of pregnancy (GMI) would be carried out.
You practiced several separations of Siamese children. In the present case can one envisage an intervention?
- Pr Révillon: From what I know, it is strictly inoperable. Separation requires very specific parameters. In 2009, the Malagasy Siamese that I operated at Necker were connected by the skin of the belly and by the liver, which allowed me to make and succeed the separation. In the case of this little Chinese, it is not possible, even imagining to cut one of the heads, because there are unfortunately too many malformations.
This child is condemned to live with two heads?
- Pr Révillon: Chinese medical teams announced that they would do nothing to keep alive this child whose vital prognosis would be compromised. The best thing we can wish for is that it does not survive.
Interview by Frédérique Odasso
10 tips to get pregnant
Summer has always seemed the best time to Get pregnant. Not only because of the baby's date of birth, which will be born in spring, a good time with mild temperatures that benefit the development of the baby and the whole family to live a life outdoors, but also because the relaxation of which the couple enjoys during their vacation period favors the predisposition to get pregnant.
And the statistics prove it. A study conducted by the Ginefiv assisted reproduction clinic reveals that the demand for fertility treatments is increased in the summer months by 12 percent compared to the rest of the year. Summer working hours and vacation breaks naturally promote pregnancy and also help to successfully cope with assisted reproductive treatment.
Summer, the relaxation of vacations, the relaxation of schedules ... decisively influence the predisposition to get pregnant, but there are other factors to take into account, such as these 10 tips to get pregnant recommended by the Ginefiv clinic medical team:
1. Age. From the age of 35, the difficulties to conceive begin, the risk of miscarriage increases and the possibility of the baby suffering from a chromosomal disorder. For each year of delay from the age of 35, the chances of becoming pregnant are reduced by 5 percent, due to the decrease in oocyte quality and the reserve of eggs.
2. Healthy life. Tobacco and alcohol reduce the chances of pregnancy and increase the chances of miscarriages, extrauterine pregnancies and other complications such as placenta previa, prematurity ... and even the risk of early menopause. Alcohol is completely forbidden during pregnancy.
3. Ideal weight. Obesity and extreme thinness are detrimental to fertility. On the one hand, obesity is associated with ovulation failure and an increased risk of gestational diabetes and hypertension, while being too thin can reduce the production of the hormone GnRH and alter ovulation, as well as affect the availability of the uterine lining for allow the embryo to implant in it.
4. Foods that help. A diet high in antioxidants (such as fruits and vegetables), vitamins, folic acid (found in foods such as cereals), and omega-3 fatty acids (tuna, salmon, sardines, or shellfish), as they can improve the quality of ovules and male sperm. In contrast, coffee and foods made with refined flours negatively affect female fertility.
5. Relaxation. Stress can lower gonadotropins and increase prolactin levels, which can lead to lack of ovulation.
6. Sexual health. Calculating the fertile days to have sex and being monitored by the gynecologist when you want to have a child is essential for a good start and progress of pregnancy.
7. Medications. Some drugs affect fertility or interfere with the drugs in fertility treatments; others can cause fetal defects and even miscarriages, so the doctor should be informed.
8. Sport. It is advisable to lower the rhythm of sports in pregnancy and the intensity of exercise, without abandoning it.
9. Positive attitude. Maintaining a balanced emotional state is essential. Optimism is part of this plan to get pregnant.
10. Couple. One third of the causes of infertility in couples are due to the male. Good sperm quality depends on several factors: eliminating the consumption of tobacco and alcohol, which negatively influence sperm count, taking care of your diet, managing stress and avoiding the use of tight underwear.
You can read more articles similar to 10 tips to get pregnant, in the category of Getting pregnant on site.
Sex in middle pregnancy: men
Having sex in pregnancy
The golden rule for sex during pregnancy is that if the pregnancy is going smoothly and you and your partner are keen, it's fine. But most men find that they have less sex when they're expecting a baby.
Sex during pregnancy can feel quite different from how it felt before. You might also worry that sex will harm the baby. But your baby is well protected and sealed off in the amniotic sac, so you can't hurt your baby by having sex.
If you're unsure about anything or if there are any problems - for example, your partner has some bleeding during pregnancy - talk with your GP, midwife or obstetrician. They'll tell you whether it's OK to have sex.In the two-month period where she was so sick, I'd come home a couple of times, and she'd say, 'If I wasn't feeling so sick, I'd feel like sex today'. Apart from that, she's been completely out of the mood for the whole time.
- Roger, expectant dad (30 weeks)
Sex during the second trimester
Your partner might have more energy and interest in sex in the middle months of the pregnancy.
Early pregnancy symptoms like nausea, fatigue and breast tenderness have probably calmed down. Hormones and extra blood flow to her genitals might make it easier for her to orgasm. But it's also normal for her desire for sex to decrease in the second trimester.
Your partner's body shape will be changing. If you do have sex, let her take the lead in finding a sexual position that's comfortable.My wife and I have been a couple for almost 14 years, and we do have a very healthy love life. It definitely wasn't something that was off the books, but it was always her initiation. I didn't push myself or suggest it at any stage. It was always purely up to her, how she was feeling.
- Callum, father of twins
Things you can do
- Try to put your partner's needs first and think about how she's feeling. Nausea, vomiting, bloating and sore breasts are some reasons why she might not feel like having sex. She might prefer just to be held, touched or massaged.
- It might help to discuss any sexual frustration with your partner, so you can understand what each other is going through.
- Be patient - not having sex with your partner can be frustrating, but it's not forever.
Vintage Paper Toys
Early on is the Book of Water
During the summer, much more falls on the youngest, but the topic is topical throughout the year, as babies are born throughout the year.Now that the kйrdйsre keresьnk vбlaszt to drink bottled бsvбnyvizet szьksйges to the csecsemхknek.Manapsбg becoming fashionable to csalбdok kцrйben that csecsemхket itatjбk бsvбnyvнzzel the йs lehыtцtt vнz boiled tea instead of sхt tбpszerek kйszнtйsйnйl oldуszerkйnt also бsvбnyvizet hasznбlnak. Of course, there is a lot of truth in the fact that too much tea takes away from the baby's slime and produces excess calories, but the real reason is probably that parents fear that the tap water is contaminated, which is damaging to the baby's health.
Not for little onesWhat you need to know about mineral water, whether carbonic or non-carbonated, is that it is a healthy, healthy drink for adults, but not all varieties are recommended for infants.
In fact, pre-bottled water is undesirable during infancy, except in areas with high nitrate concentrations in drinking water. This impurity can lead to severe hemoglobin metabolism in the baby.
Fortunately, local health authorities are aware of this problem in these polluted areas and are providing bottled water to children. Effectively controlled water is also suitable for dietary, tea and thirst quenching.
Bottled water in the shops is mostly not made for babies. They have higher content of sodium - calcium, magnesium, manganese, sulfate, etc. - as allowed by the little ones. Of course, this is not dangerous for adults, and even healthy in many cases, but the ability of the tiny kidney is still limited.
Higher levels of concentration can be concentrated in the blood, which carries a number of sources of danger and can lead to your condition. This is a consequence of excessive sodium intake. The natural sulfate content of the water from the spring springs is higher in fine concentration, it also stimulates the excretion of bile and, to a lesser extent, prevents the absorption of nutrients.
This is not an undesirable phenomenon in infancy.
Bubbles are better without itThe German Children's Court has imposed strict rules on the use of the Book of Water. In this respect, the amount of the water in the book must not exceed 20 mg of sodium, 10 mg of nitrate, 1.5 mg of fluoride, 200 mg of sulphate and 200 manganese per liter.
These quantities correspond to the normal content of potassium in water. Even if this is a contamination, careful consideration should be given to these aspects when purchasing bottled water.
The sulfuric acid content of spring water would, in case of excessive consumption, lead to acidification and bloating of the body.
Fortunately, toddlers don't like bubble water. If you buy plain bottled water, you should make sure that the beverage is carefully stored because it will sooner become infected with bacteria in the environment.
A packed souvenir book is not good for hot or long-term storage. Do not put it in the hands of children and exchange content even after a short visit!